Mobile app and modern booking system for more efficient waiting room operation and patient management
DigiČekárna allows the doctor to run a fully automated booking system linked to scheduled holidays, days off and surgery hours. This allows the patient to see exactly when they can see the doctor, eliminating lengthy calls and dealing with when the patient and doctor are available. However, in addition to the booking system, the system has many other benefits for both the doctor and the patient.
Application and system functions
- Easy booking management
- Vaccination and prevention management
- Patient records
- Notifications - including SMS, push notifications, in-app notifications and emails
- Doctor notifications
- Doctor ratings
- Pet management
The DigiČekárna team came to us with a request to develop a user-friendly mobile application with a booking system for doctors.
We are excited about this project. We like meaningful projects and the design or development of a mobile application with an information system makes a lot of sense to us. It represents a way to improve and simplify the world around us.
Technologies and services
Duration of the project
2 frontend developers, 2 backend developers, UI/UX designer, QA engineer, project manager, 2 mobile app developers.
Development of DigiČekárna mobile app in 10 steps
As part of a startup collaboration, we created a booking system and a mobile app for managing doctor's appointments.
- First of all, we conducted market and competitor research.
- Following the results of the survey and the client's ideas, we designed personas (model users who will use the application).
- We started working on the UX side of the mobile app. We created a map of the user's passage through the application and then wrote a list of functionality and related user stories - expected user behavior in each step.
- Based on the analysis, we proceeded to design wireframes and prototype, i.e. the first tangible form of the application.
- The prototype passed testing on a target group of users.
- We added the results of the testing to our existing knowledge about the intended users and started working on the user interface design of the application. We designed basic branding elements and a design style guide - individual UI components.
- After the client approved the proposal, we presented the development strategy, an overview of key deadlines and budget.
- We have started the first sprint of agile development of this mobile app.
- In individual sprints, we consulted and tested the existing form of the application with the client and gradually added the planned functionality.
- We prepared the basis for deploying the product to the app stores and went over the follow-up strategy with the client. We then uploaded the finished app to the Play Store and the App Store.
We are currently maintaining and further developing the application in response to client and user requests or comments.
I literally fell in love with the app. Getting through to a doctor is sometimes a superhuman task. Here I have everything at my fingertips and I book a new appointment in no time.
I like the fact that I can order not only myself but also my children in the app. It saves me a lot of time and at the same time I have an overview.
When I remember how many times I have put off calling the doctor with an appointment... The DigiCheck app has been a great help, it's immediate and without having to call the doctor.
What our customers say about us
Thanks to the DigiCheck app, making a doctor's appointment is completely stress-free. I don't have to wait to hear back and, most importantly, I can book an appointment on the calendar exactly as it suits me, without waiting for the doctor to respond. With the ability to add children and deal with their bookings too, it really is a great help. But it's not just about making appointments, keeping an eye on preventative appointments is something that also helps me deal with things I keep putting off.
design of the logo and other branding elements of the project
UX design of the application and website in relation to the analysis of the target group
UI design and design style guide for both digital products
website design and mobile app development
initial, ongoing and final user testing