Mobile app and modern booking system for more efficient waiting room operation and patient management
DigiČekárna allows the doctor to run a fully automated booking system linked to scheduled holidays, days off and surgery hours. This allows the patient to see exactly when they can see the doctor, eliminating lengthy calls and dealing with when the patient and doctor are available. However, in addition to the booking system, the system has many other benefits for both the doctor and the patient.
Application and system functions
- Easy booking management
- Vaccination and prevention management
- Patient records
- Notifications - including SMS, push notifications, in-app notifications and emails
- Doctor notifications
- Doctor ratings
- Pet management
The DigiČekárna team came to us with a request to develop a user-friendly mobile application with a booking system for doctors.
We are excited about this project. We like meaningful projects and the design or development of a mobile application with an information system makes a lot of sense to us. It represents a way to improve and simplify the world around us.
Technologies and services
Creating a website
Mobile application development
Information system development
Duration of the project
2 frontend developers, 2 backend developers, UI/UX designer, QA engineer, project manager, 2 mobile app developers.
I want a consultation
Development of DigiČekárna mobile app in 10 steps
As part of a startup collaboration, we created a booking system and a mobile app for managing doctor's appointments.
- First of all, we conducted market and competitor research.
- Following the results of the survey and the client's ideas, we designed personas (model users who will use the application).
- We started working on the UX side of the mobile app. We created a map of the user's passage through the application and then wrote a list of functionality and related user stories - expected user behavior in each step.
- Based on the analysis, we proceeded to design wireframes and prototype, i.e. the first tangible form of the application.
- The prototype passed testing on a target group of users.
- We added the results of the testing to our existing knowledge about the intended users and started working on the user interface design of the application. We designed basic branding elements and a design style guide - individual UI components.
- After the client approved the proposal, we presented the development strategy, an overview of key deadlines and budget.
- We have started the first sprint of agile development of this mobile app.
- In individual sprints, we consulted and tested the existing form of the application with the client and gradually added the planned functionality.
- We prepared the basis for deploying the product to the app stores and went over the follow-up strategy with the client. We then uploaded the finished app to the Play Store and the App Store.
We are currently maintaining and further developing the application in response to client and user requests or comments.
I want a consultation
At Rascasone, the start of work on any digital product is marked by analysis. In fact, gathering and then understanding the requirements from the client and any insights and reviewing the market or competitors can and does save a heap of money.
Before starting work on the design or functionality, we started working on the specification and segmentation of the target group, i.e. the likely users of the application. In collaboration with the client, we then created several personas for whom we would design the app.
For each person, we designed a specific application flow and functionality that they will use while using the application. The result of this effort was an inventory of almost all the requirements that the digital product DigiCekárna should meet.
Based on the knowledge gained, our software experts then proposed implementation through two solutions: a website for online beauty retailers and a mobile app for consumers.
Following the previous analysis, we created wireframes and prototypes that translated the original theoretical findings into practice and then presented them to the client for approval.
Once approved, we could get on with what we do best - developing websites and apps that make life easier for users. We put together two development teams - web and mobile app developers, splitting the entire development process into sprints.
During the individual sprints we designed, consulted and then implemented:
design of the logo and other branding elements of the project
UX design of the application and website in relation to the analysis of the target group
UI design and design style guide for both digital products
website design and mobile app development
initial, ongoing and final user testing
The output of our specialists' work is a mobile app and a website that emphasizes a good user experience across different devices and operating systems.
I want a consultation